Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Big "F" for Mommy!

So as what was to be the first week of our homeschooling journey is coming to an end. I have to say it was an epic FAIL on my part! I still don't have the whole managing my business and teaching my kids thing down. I thought it could all be possible after all, other moms do it all the time, right? After 3 days of not getting home until after 6 and having to send my girls off to daycare I was feeling a little well, defeated! I want so badly to be home with them and share with them in their education of life. Perhaps (as my mother would tell you I tend to be) I am being a bit over dramatic. I am sure I will soon learn to juggle all the hats that I want to wear. I shouldn't have to be out of the house again for a couple more weeks so we will have lots of time to rev back up the lesson plans. Of course the question is in my mind that I may just have to give up my job completely in the next few years as I won't be able to depend on day care for the times I am away. I know that is a definite benefit to why parents send their kids to public school - free baby sitting! But they are what is of utmost importance to me. I know that I want to be a big part of their education and I want to show them learning can be fun! Maybe there is some old retired teacher out there that I can hire on part time to come teach them their lessons at home while I have to be out....I see a Craigslist ad forming! haha (or maybe I just came up with a fabulous idea!) I knew I would be in for a life change and it would take some adjusting. That's why I decided to get an early start to see how things would flow before September 2013 (when Erin would go to daycare) sneaks up on me! After getting all this off my chest I am feeling a bit better about the situation. We just have to roll with the punches and have fun learning together! That is what this blog is supposed to be about! Any other moms out there who have gone through this transition I would love to hear how you coped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...