Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chicken and Broccoli Crepes


As I have mentioned before we on on a new diet at our house. Now, this diet is not low fat, low cholesterol, low carb, or anything of the sort. After all, I love food and I want it to taste good. Our new diet consists of eating fresh. No (or VERY little) processed foods. We try to make everything from home from scratch. So today, instead of feeding my kids lunchables (have you seen all the sodium and preservatives you are feeding your family!!) we made these crepes. Luckily for me, my 3 year old LOVES broccoli and I don't have much trouble convincing her to try anything with the veggie inside! 


Ingredients:
3 TBLS butter
3 TBLS flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
1 cup broccoli
2 TBLS chopped onion

Heat butter over low heat until melted.  Blend in flour, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.  Cook over low heat until turns a light brown rue.  Stir in broth and whisk to blend with rue. Boil and stir 1 minute.  n a separate bowl, mix chicken, broccoli, and onion with 3/4 cup of broth mixture.  Place 1/4 cup of mixture in the middle of each crepe. Roll up. Place seam side down into baking dish. Pour remaining broth over crepes. Cook at 350 for 20 mins.






Crepes:

Ingredients

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
1 TBLS melted butter

Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients.  Beat until smooth.  Grease skillet and pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan. Rotate until the batter fills the bottom of the pan (I used a griddle and flattened out my circle with a spatula) cook until bubbly and the edges just start to brown.  Flip and repeat. Stack crepes in between wax paper until ready to use.

4 comments:

  1. are you familiar with the blog 100daysofrealfood.com ? If not, may be something you would be interested in. Those look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, thanks for stopping by! No I haven't ever been to that blog but I will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a yummy post!
    www.rebeccabany.com
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/becbany

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...