Sunday, July 24, 2011

365 Day 8 - Architecture

This is a picture of the Friendship Torch in downtown San Antonio. It was given to San Antonio by the Mexican government in 2002 as a symbol of the two countries building a friendship and working together. It's complex angles and twists are supposed to represent the constantly changing relationship between the United States and Mexico. I have to admit, when it first was erected I was not a fan, but I have grown to admire the structure. Its sits in the middle of a very historic area of town near the Alamo, hemisphere park, and the riverwalk (also seen in the picture) at first I felt that it was an eye sore along side of all the beautiful history but now I feel that it in itself has become a part of our city's story. My husband is always desperate to get out of this town, but to me, it's always been home and I love every bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...