Thursday, June 23, 2011

Shout Out!!

As I have been trying to figure out what we will be doing for curriculum this fall I have been fortunate enough to come across some other really helpful blogs. Although you can find some of them in my side bar, I thought I would give a personal "thanks" to those who have been really kind and offered an insight into their way to learn.

Living Montessori Now - Deb is an endless (and friendly!) source for the Montessori method of learning (as if you couldn't guess that from her blog title!). Not only is she certified in Montessori teaching but she has also homeschooled her two now adult children in this method. So many helpful links on what, how, when, where, and whys of Montessori teachings! Thanks for all your help Deb!


Counting Coconuts -Although I have not personally spoken to Mari-Ann, I have been blog stalking her for a couple months now (and secretly being jealous of her island lifestyle!) She is currently teaching her 4 yr old son in the Montessori method  (and is expecting another little coconut in a few weeks) and has a really great classroom set up as well.  She also has endless postings of fabulous ideas you can incorporate into your little ones curriculum. Thanks for all you do!

Latter-Day Homeschooling - A great resource for ideas on all things to do with home matters. Great tips on lesson ideas, recipes, sewing, and how to incorporate Christ in your schooling.  I love that this blog is compiled of a team of permanent and guest writers so you get a mix of different topics, lessons, and points of view!

I hope you all will head over and check out what they have to offer. Please check out some of my other favorite sights over in the sidebar! These are just some sights that have immediately helped me to set up "school". When I come across others I will be happy to share them as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...